Have you ever deleted a file and wished you could get it back? Or have you ever deleted an important file by mistake? There are a number of reasons why you may want to be able to recover permanently deleted files from your PC. And while there is no guarantee that any particular file can be recovered, if the hard drive still has free space then there is always hope.
The purpose of this article is to guide you through the steps required in order to recover permanently deleted files from your computer. It will give you the opportunity to find out what a “permanently” deleted file really means and how you can restore it using special software.
Since the evolution of the computer, managing the data on PC and laptops has always been an issue. We store multiple files on our PC hard drive, including temporary files and crucial data. However, while doing work, we sometimes lose important data like images, videos, audio, documents, etc.
Moreover, you may accidentally delete documents and folders permanently by pressing Shift+ delete keys on the keyboard in some situations. Therefore, you want to recover the permanently deleted files from your Windows PC. It is also important to highlight that when the documents are deleted permanently, there is no chance to recover files even from the recycle bin of a PC or laptop.
Below are the common reasons behind permanent file loss
- Removed file with Shift+ Delete keys
- Deleted the documents by using the command line
- By mistake or intentionally emptied recycle bin
- Corruption of files is caused by viruses or malware installed on your desktop
Is it possible to recover permanently deleted files?
Previously, when the data was deleted, it was impossible to recover it. But with updating technology, there are various approaches to recovering deleted files. So it is a fantastic thing to recover the deleted files. It can be retrieved by following multiple methods that are easy to follow.
However, this data can only be recovered when computer technicians are involved. Also, this approach only works if no external damage occurs to the storage drive. Moreover, the PC should read the storage drive for this to work.
How do recover permanently deleted files?
You can restore permanently deleted files in multiple ways, but the simple approach uses data recovery services. Also, if you don’t want to install specific software, there are some alternative ways to restore permanently deleted files. However, we recommend reaching out to a computer repairing shop or technician to securely follow the steps to ensure 100% recovery.
1. Recover file history (only for Windows 10)
Currently, Windows 10 comes with a unique feature. Here, you can access file history that automatically allows your computer to take a backup of files. This approach only works when your file history option is enabled. To verify this follow the below-mentioned steps
a) Check if file history is ‘on‘
- Go to Setting and open “updated and security”
- Tap on the Backup from the left and check if the “automatically back up” files is on or not
- If the option is enabled, you can move to the next steps
b) Permanently recover deleted files using file history
- Open any folder in file explorer
- Then tap on the home button on the top ribbon. Then click on the History tab
- A folder will open with some folder that is backed – up from file history. From there, you can see the folder you want to recover
- Select the files you want to restore within the specified timeframe. Then click on restore to the original location
- From that, you can restore the file successfully from deleted files.
2. Recover from previous versions
For old Windows 7 or above versions, you can also try the previous version feature. However, it requires you to create a system to restore points through Backup and Restore and start file history.
- Open the file explorer and search the file that includes deleted files
- Then right-click the folder and choose the restore previous version option
3. Using system restore
If all these options do not help, can you also try using the system restore option? It will place your computer back to the state when the system restore backup was created. But before that, check if the system restore is enabled or not.
a) Check if system restore is on
- Open the “search index” and search for the “control panel”. Then click on the first option to open it
- You can see on the left side “Advance System Setting” and click on it. Then check whether the system restore is “enabled”
- If it is enabled, then move to the next step
b) Recover permanently deleted files using system restore
- Click on the start icon and select the control panel, in the search box type “control”
- Search for the query in the control panel and open “recovery”. Here click on the “open system restore” option
- Now select the correct restore point and click on “next”
- You restore the point, click on the finish for confirmation, and you are good to go
4. Try windows file recovery
Windows file recovery is a free-to-use application available in the Windows app store. It opens on the easy command line to recover permanently deleted files from your PC. You can also recover files from various storage devices like hard drives, memory cards, USB drives, etc.
a) Install and run windows file recovery
- Open the authentic website and install the application
- After installing the application on your windows, double-click on it to start the application
b) Use windows file recovery to recover a single file
If you know the actual name of the file you deleted, you can opt for this step to recover the particular file.
Type the below command in the command box and hit ‘enter’
winfr C: D: /n \Users\XX\Documents\Reports\restore-file-name.docx
c) Use windows file recovery to recover multiple files
If you are unsure about the name, try searching for a particular file type and then search the file. The command is: winfr C: D: /n \Users\XX\Pictures\*.PNG
d) Use windows file recovery to recover the complete folder
If you want to restore the complete folder from the backup, you can follow these steps:
winfr C: D: /n \Users\XX\Documents\Reports\
If you have accidentally deleted files from your PC, don’t worry! There are several options available to help recover your important data. In this article, we covered the most common ways of recovering permanently deleted files and gave examples of how they can be used. Whether you need help with a PC or laptop, there is a solution out there for you. Before choosing which option is best for you, it’s a good idea to do some research on each method.
If you have accidentally deleted some important files from your hard drive, don’t panic. You can get them back! It’s possible to recover permanently deleted files with the right software. We recommend that you contact the computer/laptop repairing shop as soon after the accident as possible to ensure that you can get your data back.
Book A Visit
CLAIM 10% Discount on pre-booked visits. We can meet you at your home or at your office and help you. Easy scheduling online, book now!
Tags: Data recovery in Conroe | Data recovery In Texas | Data recovery in Conroe, Texas | Data recovery services in Conroe | Data recovery services in Texas | Data recovery services in Conroe, Texas